GAAMHA is dedicated to providing a wide range of services to individuals throughout Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Our immediate service area includes Gardner, Fitchburg, Leominster, Athol, Orange, Winchendon, Ashburnham, Westminster, Templeton, Hubbardston, Lunenburg, Rutland and Barre. Services are also provided on a state-wide basis.
The mission of GAAMHA, Inc. is to provide meaningful support, training, treatment, avenues to employment, and personalized opportunities to individuals with disabilities and substance use disorders; and to offer quality transportation services to the people who live in the communities we serve.
Our services include:
Developmental Day Services
Our STREAM program provides a mix of non-work and work opportunities for individuals who have developmental and other intellectual/physical disabilities.
School to Community
The GAAMHA School to Community program provides work-related activity and education to students with developmental/intellectual disabilities.
GAAMHA connects employers with qualified workers to fulfill their needs.
Substance Use and Mental Health Disorder Treatment
Pathway House is a six-month, highly-structured, inpatient Residential Recovery Services program for adult men over the age of 21.
Carl E. Dahl House at Evergreen Grove offers Co-Occurring Enhanced Residential Recovery Services to adult men struggling with both substance use and mental health disorders using a therapeutic farming approach to assist in sustaining recovery.
R.O.O.T.S. at Evergreen Grove – R.O.O.T.S., which stands for Resilient, Optimistic, Open-Minded, Thriving, and Serene, is an outpatient support option for young people, ages 12 to 24, that are experiencing challenges related to substance use and mental health.
GAAMHA offers Transitional and Permanent Supportive Housing programs to sustain men and women in their recovery.
GAAMHA Transit operates and maintains a large van fleet that offers full-service, door-to-door service.
Goals and Operating Principles
- GAAMHA, Inc. shall undertake efforts to provide, within its capacity, all needed services that are determined as necessary by the communities we serve.
- All persons have the right to receive all necessary services that are available by this organization.
- All persons shall be given the opportunity to participate in community-based activities alongside their non-disabled peers.
- All persons have the right to exercise a choice in their programs and to partake in all aspects of planning and delivery.
- All person-centered plans will be written utilizing evidenced-based and trauma-informed care practices.
- All persons have the right to engage in activities that are community-based, and include those from the community that are non-disabled.
- All persons shall participate in non-segregated activities as a part of GAAMHA programming.
- GAAMHA, Inc. shall work to inform and enhance the communities we serve as to the value of the persons we serve.
- GAAMHA, Inc. shall make all efforts to empower and enable our consumers and their families to self-determine their needs and take control of their lives.
- GAAMHA, Inc. shall not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, military service, or physical disability.
Join Our Team
“I very much enjoy working here! Great clients we serve and hardworking staff make everything possible for them!”