GAAMHA, Inc. provides employment opportunities for candidates interested in a career supporting individuals with disabilities, men and women with substance use disorders, and providing individuals with disabilities and seniors with respectful transportation services.
GAAMHA, Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. As such, adheres to all applicable labor laws and regulations.
Please click on a link below to read a description of the position:
Developmental Services – Current Openings
Full-Time Community Based Support Staff - Gardner, MA
Support GAAMHA individuals to develop and maintain a high quality of life, be as independent as possible, and help maintain and improve community inclusion, employment opportunities, and social interaction with peers/co-workers.
- Behavior must be professional at all times and consistent with GAAMHA’s culture, mission, values, philosophy, and policies and procedures, including treating individuals and others with dignity and respect.
- Plan and support individuals in daily activities and training, which may include, ensuring a variety of activities that will stimulate individuals and build new and rewarding interests, providing vocational training, personal living skills training, recreational activities, learning activities, physical fitness activities, and community inclusion.
- Assist individuals in maintaining safe and healthy lifestyles, and monitor for changes in their general health, appearance, behavior, and patterns of activities.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining a clean, safe, and secure environment for individuals at all times, keeping work areas/classrooms clean, neat, and in good repair, conducting required evacuation drills, earthquake training, and other safety training.
- Provide training and assistance to all individuals in making healthy dietary choices, and following any pre-established orders by medical professionals.
- Responsible for assisting individuals in personal hygiene tasks for their total care needs, including hand washing, changing soiled clothing, brushing teeth, and assisting with bathroom responsibilities.
- Complete paperwork, as necessary, to meet GAAMHA, federal, and state regulatory requirements.
- Complete required, on-going training requirements within GAAMHA and state required timeframes.
- Report to work on time, and if unable to report to work, or if there is a need to come to work late, or leave early, follow GAAMHA’s approval policy.
- Safely transport individuals to and from activities, work, and home, and comply with GAAMHA’s vehicle safety, maintenance, and cell phone use policies.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred, unless required by state law, 0-3 years working in human services, preferably with adults or children with disabilities preferred, basic fluency in oral and written English. Candidate must also have an acceptable CORI (criminal record assessment), and must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record upon hire and annually.
Performing mechanical or physical lifts and/or transfers according to individual client protocols, Assisting with ADL’s, Bending, Housecleaning duties, e.g., laundry, vacuuming, cleaning showers, tubs, dishes, taking out garbage, Standing, Climbing, Kneeling and Pushing, e.g. wheelchairs
This is a Full Time position with competitive compensation and a generous benefit and time off package.
Substance Use Services – Current Openings
Per-Diem Recovery Coach - Main Location in Gardner, MA
The Recovery Coach assists and mentors’ people in early recovery or seeking recovery from a substance use disorder. Recovery Coaches meet participants at whatever stage they are in, while assisting them in their recovery journey. The candidate must be open to a “multiple pathways” philosophy of recovery. This is a per diem position which requires flexibility in schedule to meet the needs of the participant.
- The incumbent connects with new participants to develop a wellness plan and identify the needs of the participant.
- The incumbent assists in developing natural supports and community living by partnering with each participant to strengthen valued roles (friend, spouse, employee, student, etc.) so a greater sense of identity is established.
- The incumbent will match the client’s needs with appropriate resources.
- The incumbent provides peer support to engage participants in a recovery partnership based on the principles of mutuality and “being with, not fixing”.
- The incumbent will provide services at times coordinated with participants and in publicly accessible locations such as Peer Recovery Centers, Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Transportation Hubs etc.
- The incumbent will be responsible for all participant related record keeping and reports.
- The incumbent will turn in timesheet (regardless of hours worked) along with time accountability sheet and mileage weekly.
- The incumbent will adhere to applicable laws, regulations and agency policies
governing the disclosure of client identifying data and confidentiality.
- The incumbent will attend all mandatory meetings, trainings, monthly group supervisions, and bi-monthly individual supervisions.
- The incumbent will network and represent GAAMHA in the community and will conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the values and professional standards of the agency.
- Other tasks as may be deemed necessary.
A high school diploma or GED is required for this position. The ideal candidate will have completed the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy along with Ethics for Recovery Coaches or have equivalent training in peer recovery coaching. Recovery Coaches who are in recovery should be in long term recovery and have the ability to maintain their own personal recovery while performing the role of Recovery Coach. Incumbent must hold a valid driver’s license, have reliable personal transportation and mobile phone.
The Recovery Coach receives supervision from the Recovery Coach Supervisor.
Part-Time Recovery Support Assistant - Gardner, MA
The PRC Support Assistant greets visitors to Alyssa’s Place and assists people seeking help with access to resources and services at the center as well as in the community. The Support Assistant also serves in a peer mentor role and should be the warm and friendly face welcomes people who are frequently in some measure of distress or need.
The incumbent is to greet visitors who enter the center with a warm and friendly demeanor and treat each visitor with dignity and respect.
The incumbent is to educate visitors on resources available at Alyssa’s Place and throughout the community that may be a fit for the visitors’ needs.
The incumbent shall assist with general duties at the center including keeping the center tidy and neat, making coffee, preparing snacks, loading/unloading dishwasher etc.
The incumbent is responsible to open/close center on days and times assigned by the Program Director and to ensure that the premises is safe and secure.
The incumbent shall network and represent Alyssa’s Place in the community and will conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the values and professional standards of the agency.
The incumbent will attend all mandatory meetings and trainings.
The incumbent shall attend all mandatory meetings and trainings as required.
Other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
The successful candidate should be a person in recovery from a substance use disorder or have lived experience working with people with substance use disorders, who can demonstrate a level or personal health and self-care sufficient enough to handle the responsibilities of this role. Candidate should have good oral communication skills; computer skills are a plus.
The Peer Recovery Center Support Assistant is supervised by the Program Director.
Transportation – Current Openings
Part-Time Driver - Gardner, MA
The Driver will maintain regular communication with appropriate Transit staff in regard to the riders (wheelchair and ambulatory). The hours of employment may vary depending on job assignment; however, usually result in 20 to 30 hours per week.
Ensure the safe daily transportation of clients under his/her supervision.
Assist riders, when necessary, in boarding and debarking vehicle; use of seat belts, etc. This includes pushing and pulling of wheelchairs and safely securing the passenger.
Riders are not to be left unattended on vans.
Attend in-service and mandatory training sessions as required.
Drivers carry and maintain route logs, vehicle checklist, time card and cellular phone.
Driver notifies office immediately of any emergency or unusual situation to receive further instructions.
Available for night and weekend driving as necessary.
Other duties as assigned.
Applicant must pass a pre-employment drug screen, CORI, fingerprinting and the ability to obtain a hackney license. All fees associated to these requirements are paid by GAAMHA, Inc.
High School Graduate with a minimum of two years full-time employment of which six months must have been in a related field. Substitutions for education: High School equivalency test, GED, in combination with experience and training in industry, which in the judgment of the Transit Supervisor, would meet the job requirements. A minimum of three years driving experience is required. Applicants must also have an acceptable driving record.
The incumbent supervises his/her assigned riders.
The incumbent is supervised directly by the Transit Supervisor.
Maintenance – Current Openings
No open positions at this time.
Administrative – Current Openings
No open positions at this time.